Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Living the Fit Life

Ready for my first run with the Incredible!
As some of y'all may or may not know, I decided I was in need of a lifestyle change. I was feeling down, had low energy, and really the biggest motivator was that my wardrobe options were decreasing as the weight and inches were increasing. So about 5 weeks ago, I jumped on to the fitness train and have been along for the ride ever since. I have an awesome #fitfam among peers in my program and they have been the best encouragers and training partners. Early morning work outs are so much easier when you have friends sweating it out at your side. #SAfit!!! (Which means Student Affairs Fit. We have a lot of acronyms.)


While I was getting into the groove of this new lifestyle change of 5-6 workouts a week, you can imagine how excited I was when Influenster picked me to test the latest Victoria's Secret Sport Bra, Incredible. (They also sent some work out pants and coupons for friends which was AWESOME!!) I'm usually a little hesitant with underwire sport bras. They usually don't feel that great for me but this one gave me the support I needed without sacrificing any comfort. The fabric kept me dry on my run (where I hit a new distance and PR [: ) and the soft fabric prevented any irritation. I was able to rock my run and feel Incredible (pun intended) while doing it! I can't wait to add a couple more VS Sport Bras to my collection as I continue on my fitness journey.

It's been a little over a month since I've been on this journey. The biggest change I've made has been in my work out habits which include running, cycling, total body strength classes, and lifting (yes, lifting. I'm making baby gainz there but progress is progress). I have been trying to be about that running life for several years and have not been able to make any progress in that department. I kept getting stuck on Week 3 of the 8 week 5K training program, would stop, and then have to restart it all over again. I am proud to say that with each run I am consistently cutting time off of my mile, gaining distance, and am about to move on to Week 5! Although I haven't really changed my eating habits yet, I've noticed a decrease in my junk food/sweets cravings and a huge increase in my water intake. I just feel better putting food that's good for me in my body but make sure to have a taste of something if I'm craving it so I'm not totally depriving myself and binging later. Being more mindful of my eating habits is next on my fitness journey list.

With all that said, I've lost 6 pounds and a total of 4 inches in the last 5 weeks! In August, I had taken some clothing out of my closet that no longer fit and stored it in my spare bedroom. The other week, I was able to reintroduce some dresses back into my wardrobe and was so excited! I could feel the physical difference but it was great to see it. I was hesitant to share this progress picture on social media but decided to just do it anyway as a little motivation and accountability for myself. So, here's the progress! 

Right: July 25, 2014
Left: September 26, 2014

These photos are 9 weeks apart and in the same dress. A little over a week ago, I was trying on different dresses the day before the Clemson vs. UNC game and was sooo happpyyy when I was able to wear this one. Especially when I tried it on thinking it wouldn't be the most flattering. #PROGRESS

Thanks for letting me share the start of my #SAfit journey with y'all! I'm always looking for some fitness and healthy lifestyle tips so please share your favorite ones in the comment section below! 

Have a great week, friends!!




*This is a sponsored blog post. Influenster provided me with complimentary Victoria's Secret products to test and review as part of a contest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...