Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Confessions of a Sorority Professional: Series Finale

So clearly, I've procrastinated on this post but better late than never, right? It's been about two months since I wrapped up my journey as a Sister of the Suitcase. Since then, it's been a bit of a whirlwind. I made the move from Virginia to South Carolina, went back to the Best/West Coast for a few days, then trekked across the country on my road trip with Mom (more on that later), and started my graduate assistantship/graduate school! Eep! What a crazy two months, right? But let me tell you, I'm loving every minute of it!! (Minus the humidity and little critters)

2012-2013 Alpha Delta Pi Senior Leadership Consultants
The next thing I have to say, is WHERE DID THE LAST TWO YEARS GO? Seriously...wasn't I just hired to be a Leadership Consultant like yesterday? Okay, clearly it wasn't that recent but I guess the saying is true, time flies when you're having fun! 

I can never express just how much of an impact the last two years has had on me. When I first joined Alpha Delta Pi six-ish years ago, I don't know that I could've ever imagined just how much ADPi would do for me and will continue to do for me in the years to come.

This journey has taught me so much. It has taught me more about myself and others. What is really important. Not to sweat the little things. It  taught me more about friendship, love, loyalty, and unselfishness. I am more confident in myself, in my abilities, in others. It showed me how to have faith.

I have had the opportunity to work with so many incredible women and chapters over the last two years and it brings me so much joy to see the progress they have made and what they have accomplished. From winning Golden Lion and reaching chapter and individual goal to being hired to be Leadership Consultants and weddings! I have seen your aspirations grow into reality, the growth of our sisterhood and strength of its bonds. I came into this job expecting to positively change the lives of women and never realized what these women would do for me. I know I've mentioned this before, but I just can't stress it enough. 

The consultant life is now over for me but when you think about it, it's never really over. I'm taking the skills I've learned, the friendships that were made, and an infinite number of memories with me as I embark on this next chapter of my life.

To my fellow Fraternal Values Enthusiasts, If you haven't thought about being a consultant for your organization, consider it!! Seriously, such an amazing experience. I am more than happy to chat about it or reach out to a consultant from your organization for information! To those who will be embarking on their travels soon, best of luck!! Take in every moment. And to those who just love the Fraternal Values Movement, stay involved and thank you for supporting such a worthwhile experience.

To all of my Theta Omicron chapter sisters at James Madison, thank you for such an incredible year!!!! I had no idea what it would be like to make the move by myself to a state I'd never been to and start up a brand new chapter there, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything! You all are intelligent, loving, and amazing women. I CANNOT wait to see the great things I know you will accomplish in the years to come. 

To all my Alpha Delta Pi sisters out there, THANK YOU! Thank you for welcoming me with open arms and showing me what sisterhood truly means. If I can leave y'all with some last thoughts to chew on, it's this. We all have the privilege of membership in the First secret society for college women. Continue to be the Finest women you can be and know that these bonds of sisterhood last far beyond our undergraduate years. They're Forever.






Coming Up Next:
Ameritrip: Road Trip Adventures
Confessions of an #SAgrad

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...