Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

this girl, she grew up strong


Less than 12 hours left in 2011!! Seriously...Where did the time go? Well, it's the last day of the year so obvi I'm jumping on the #Goodbye2011 recap bandwagon. I've done a lot of reflection over the last couple weeks, on what I've learned and on the place life has brought me to. It's wild to think back to this time last year. It seems like so long ago but just yesterday at the same time...if that makes any sense to y'all.

This year I became a Pi member of Alpha Delta Pi, started making the decisions that were best for me, had an awesome internship that helped me realize what I didn't want to do, had a job with CSUF where I was able to show students that the opportunity for higher education is possible, was hired for the #bestjobever, really realized how lucky I am to have the friends and family that I do, earned my Bachelor's Degree, spent the first part of the summer crossing things of my bucket list, lived in Atlanta for three weeks, traveled all over the US of A to see some great places I probably would have never had the opportunity to go to otherwise, met so many amazing sisters, and reconnected with old friends. I'm sure I left some things out but, in a nutshell, this year has been utterly life changing.

I've grown up. I've learned what's important and what isn't. I've begun to see what I want out of life. I'm not saying that there isn't more growing up to do. I'd be naive to think that but I have a much better understanding of the impact my actions can have. I feel like that's a big part of growing up too; knowing when to do what's best for you but also knowing how it will affect the world around you. I've realized how strong I am and what I can, can't, and won't put up with.



I may not know where life will take me,
but I do know that, today, I am closer to my destination then I was yesterday.
Besides, it's all about the journey anyway.





"Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what’s to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn’t have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves…for growing up" -The Wonder Years







This girl, she grew up strong.
She takes no ish,
she knows what's right and what's wrong.
Blog title courtesy of Girl by Ben Kenney

- Posted using BlogPress from my PiPad

Location:Whittier, CA, United States

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...