Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

It Feels Like Home To Me

I know I'm totally behind on my posts but what can I say, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!! aka Recruitment Season!! I promise my posts about my wonderful visits at University of Arkansas, University of North Alabama, and Florida Atlantic University are coming soon!!

For now, I'm taking the time to show my gratitude for this amazing sorority I'm a part of. Even though I'm 2,682 miles away from home (yup, I google mapped it), these amazing women I've had the privilege of working with have welcomed me with open arms and shown me that home is not just the address on my driver's license. How many other organizations can you meet someone for the first time and instantly connect because we share the same values and rituals and wear the same beautiful diamond shape badge. The bonds of sisterhood in Alpha Delta Pi are indescribable. They reach far beyond our universities and chapters. This amazing opportunity I have as a Leadership Consultant has only continued to prove that we carry out our motto, We LIVE for Each Other, each and every day.

I cannot thank the women I've worked with thus far enough for the sisterhood they have shown me during my first month of travels. I can't wait to meet more of you through out this next year :)




It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way the back where I come from
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong



blog title courtesy of Feels Like Home by Edwina Hayes

- Posted using BlogPress from my PiPad

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...