Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wanderlust




wan·der·lust n.
A very strong or irresistible impulse to travel.





"Stripped of your ordinary surroundings, your friends, your daily routines, your refrigerator full of food, your closet full of clothes - with all this taken away, you are forced into direct experience. Such direct experience inevitably makes you aware of who it is that is having the experience. That’s not always comfortable, but it is always invigorating."
-Michael Crichton

My year on the road as officially begun!! From here on out, I'm on someone else's schedule traveling the country, taking in everything one day at a time. I know it's been forever and a day since I've written but it's been a busy month since I left good ol' Southern California. Training in Atlanta was a blast and jam packed with everything Alpha Delta Pi we would ever have to know. We were so fortunate to work with International Officers from all over the country and enjoyed each day with them! You name it, we were trained in it

Event Planning, Standards, Total Membership Education, Panhellenic, Finance, OmegaFi, GIN, Scholarship, Alumnae Relations, Philanthropy, Alpha Delta Pi Foundation, Administration, Paperwork and Forms, Ritual, History, Recruitment, and I could keep going but I won't, you get the picture :)

Minus the humidity, I absolutely LOVE Atlanta. Druid Hills, you stole my heart. Perfect scenery for a morning run and there was always something to do the handful of times we were able to explore the city. Love my Consultant sisters and know they will be FABULOUS out there on the road. Still can't believe this journey has already begun. It's only been a few weeks since I left home and already am so grateful to have met so many sisters.

Lucky for me, there's lots more to come :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my PiPad (and not really from Atlanta but this blog's covering my time there [: )

Location:Atlanta, Ga

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...