Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summertime and the livin's easy

My BFF the Larikeet
I can't believe it's already June!! Where does the time go? really? I totally have been meaning to blog but I think the calmness of this summer is slowing me down. This girl is used to being busy ALL THE TIME! Leadership roles, work, interning, school, friends, life, etc. etc. usually keep me buried with things to do so this whole "waiting to start my new job/graduated from school" thing is a huge transition for me. I figured I should enjoy it while I have it since I probably won't have this time too often next year. So these next couple months, my life will consist of fitness, blogging, and a couple other things...

On the to do list this summer?

  • Cross stuff off my "Before I Leave SoCal" Bucket List
  • (you're more than welcome to join in or add some items)
  • Spend as much quality time as possible with my friends and fam
  • Organize my LIFE
  • (work in progress)
  • and READ!

I've been able to cross a few things off the bucket list already! My fabulous sister/friend Kelly and I went to the Aquarium of the Pacific and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles last week. The aquarium was a blast and I think I was as entertained as the little 6 year olds there when we saw the Sea Alphies (aka sea lions). Definitley heard myself say "Whoooaa" at one of his little tricks at the same time as the kid sitting in front of me.
We were the only ones who had a verbal reaction like that.
always a kid at heart
After a morning filled with sea life, we headed over to Roscoe's to have some AMAZING food although my arteries were totally hurting and working out that evening was tough!!

I am also SUPER EXCITED that I have time to read now!! For those of you who don't know this about me, I am a HUGE bookworm. Like, I used to get in trouble for reading when I was little. I'd be told to clean my room and I would start, but then find some book (I had two bookshelves FILLED to the brim with books) and start reading. A few hours later, my mom or dad would come in and I would get a talking to when there hadn't been any changes to my room! Haha, oops :)

So, I made a reading list of things I want to read and in the sidebar, have the books I am currently reading. The list is a mix of classics, books I want to re-read, etc. but I would LOVE to hear any suggestions you might have!! I've never been much of a non-fiction person but decided to read one book of that genre and one fiction novel to mix it up a bit. So if you know any amazing non-fiction reads, throw those my way too!! I just finished reading The Power by Rhonda Byrne and Under the Dome by Stephen King and am now reading Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and Crazy Love by Francis Chan.
Thanks to Megan and the other LCs for raving about this book! 
Saw it at Target and didn't think twice about buying it


So what's coming up on my bucket list?
Mariners game on July 9th, Wine Tasting with my mom in Agua Dulce,
Tim Burton exhibit at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
and possibly a little road trip to VEGAS!!! 
Who wants to come with??
:]




the countdowns continue
if they're annoying you, sorry I'm not sorry :)
19 days until Alpha Delta Pi Grand Convention
4 weeks 4 days until my 22nd Birthday
7ish weeks until I head to the ATL


blog title courtesy of Sublime's Summertime and the Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong Version

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...