Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

just stop and think



What if I said "Stop praying"? 
What if I told you to stop talking at God for a while, 
but instead to take a long, hard look at Him before you speak another word? Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words. That's what fools do. 
And often, that's what we do.
-Francis Chan,  Crazy Love


Chalkboard wall behind my desk
So I've started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and only 40ish pages in, this book is already living up to its hype. I will admit, my relationship with God over the years has not been a steady one and I've been one of those "I don't like organized religion, I'll believe how I want to believe" people. I think that was in large part because I was just talking at God. I let so many other distractions get in the way and I have finally been able to put them aside. Reconnecting with my faith this year has had an immense impact on my life. It's pulled me through struggles and helped me truly appreciate all the positive changes that have come my way. I'm past the whole "Dear God, I would love a new puppy" phase (okay, I've been past that since I was like 5) and I'm finally taking in the great things He has provided for me. Do you honestly remember the last time you stopped to take in the beauty this world has to offer? Whether it's the  flowers blooming in your yard or the clear blue sky on your commute to work, make sure to take it in and be in awe of the beautiful creations around you.



"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness
God is the friend of silence. 
See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; 
see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...
We need silence to be able to touch souls
-Mother Theresa




If you have the time (which you probably do since you're reading my blog, hehe), check out the website for Crazy Love and also stop by Just Stop and Think. I hope you enjoy the videos as much as I did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...