Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Change is the Essence of Life

Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become

Photo Courtesy of Lara Jade Photopgraphy


These last three months have been a whirl wind of change for me. Like really, A LOT of change. Last semester in my Intro to Public Administration class, we went over factors that lead to stress and one of them was change. Any kind of change. Good or Bad. So I was thinking about it this weekend, all the changes I've experienced so far this year


I'm an alumna of my sorority
(but still staying involved in other ways)
I cut my hair short
(which I love although I do miss my long hair every now and then)
I have time for myself for the first time since like elementary school
(hence the blogging)
I'm a part time student
(taking 2 classes but only have to attend one, the other is my internship)
I have a new internship and am seeing the government side of politics
(as opposed to the campaign side)
I made big relationship choices
(it wasn't easy but i'm 99% sure it was the right thing)
I have a new job where I get to promote higher education
(if I can put the thought of college in one student's head who thought they couldn't get there, SUCCESS!!)
I actually have time to follow sports
(yup, still a Seattle Mariners fan. Sorry to disappoint some of you but I love them!)
I'm developing my faith
(daily readings of the bible have helped give this girl a new perspective)
I moved back to my mom's house
(the commute is definitely not as bad as I used to think it was)
I'm taking care of myself
(I LOVE working out and am not stressing over the little things)

&& I am preparing for the BIGGEST change EVER of my life so far:
living out of two suitcases and traveling the U.S. of A (and possibly Canada) to work with sisters in leadership development, recruitment, marketing, philanthropy and so much more!


I feel like I should be stressed or that so many changes at once should have overwhelmed me but it's only showed me how strong I am and that I can handle whatever comes my way. I'm leaving unnecessary baggage in the past and only bringing the lessons I've learned with me. I have time now to read, go on random bike rides, listen to music, even MAKE music and play my violin! I have time for all these things and I'm making these changes for ME. I am definitely taking advantage of this time while I have it and I am absolutely excited for this next chapter of my life :)




Do not conform to the pattern of this world, be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...