Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

too often we are preoccupied with the destination, we forget about the journey

In 71 days I will be walking down a stage accepting my college diploma at graduation (or at least the holder for it until they mail me my actual one). I'm so close to being done with this milestone in my life and I keep thinking.....what am I going to do when I grow up?

Now, if you ask the little boys I babysit for (they're 7 and 8), they'll tell you I'm already grown up! If I were to answer that question honestly, I can tell you that whatever I do, I want to make the world a better place. I also know that I am on the right path.

I was just chosen for a position I have been dreaming of for years! I don't even want to call it a post-college job because it's so much more than that. Not only do I get to travel the United States (&& possibly parts of Canada!!) but I also have the opportunity to work with my sisters around the country in leadership development, finances, recruitment and marketing, and so much more!!! It's like I'm going to be a real sorority professional! I couldn't ask for a better experience and start to the life I'm going to lead in helping make the world a better place.

I know some people think it might be crazy...being on someone else's schedule, living out of a suitcase, and only coming home two-ish days out of the month but I CAN'T WAIT!! I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and can't wait to keep you all tuned in on my travels across America :)

I may not know the exact destination of where I'll end up but I know I'm on the right journey :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...