Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

oh, what a day!

Before I begin, let me start off by saying how grateful I am for the year I have been having so far. I don't know if it's the hard work or the faith I've kept but something is just paying off!! I have a great internship, a job that I love, and AMAZING opportunities for life after college. Everything just feels so right!! Any fears or hesitations I had for my life after commencement decrease each day as more doors continue to open up.

I had a great weekend! I made it to the final round of interviews for a position I've been wanting for years and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. It's so great knowing that hard work from you and your peers pays off. I'm so proud of my sisters and know they will continue to be amazing in the years to come!! Now comes for the worst part...waiting to find out the results of this weekend! Regardless of the outcome, I couldn't be prouder to be a blue and white girl :) I have learned so much about myself and what I am capable of and it would not have been possible without the opportunities I had as a collegiate.

For a second post-grad opportunity, I applied for Teach For America. Today I was supposed to hear whether I would be invited to the next step after submitting an application which was the phone interview. To my complete shock, I was invited to skip over the phone interview and advance straight to the final all-day interview! I could not believe it. Here I was scared I wouldn't even move on to a phone interview!

I am so thankful for these amazing opportunities that have been given to me. Although I may not be sure of the outcome of these interviews, I am sure that whatever I do after graduation I will be helping the community to make the world a better place! Baby Steps :)




"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
Mahatma Ghandi


photo courtesy of We Heart It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...